Thursday, September 1, 2016

Spur of the moment cooking - - Why NOT? you can do it also, it's Fantastic!!

Criminy, it's been weeks since I posted anything about food. It's the heat. That's a lie. It's actually my relationship problems. Seems to be a theme in my life, me and women blowing me off from a date made at their invitation. Oh well, no more beer filled evenings, I have got to get my life on track and priorities straight. Sort of stopped working on the business plan and realistically, stopped just about everything. All done, this is something I cooked this morning and it was fantastic.

Super easy, and wondrously spectacular. Stuff in the fridge and from the cupboard. Easy peasy. Just sliced a Yukon Gold potato into pretty thin slices. (You just have got to have a very sharp knife to do this. Or mandolin) ((perhaps I should do an article about how to sharpen knives -Yes-No))
So I took three potatoes and sliced them, a large leek and sliced it as well. Then a green pepper and cut the sides off and cut the sides into thin slivers. Sliced 4 scallions and chopped some cilantro. Then broke three eggs into a bowl and beat them well with a quarter cup Marsala and a half cup of sour cream. Melted a couple tablespoons real
organic butter in a saute pan and added a tablespoon olive oil. Then made a ring of potato slices. Next comes the leek. (Do you know how to make any dish that contains a leek? Well according to Julia Child, First you have to take a leek) Then pile on the pepper, sliced scallions and cilantro. Pour the egg mixture over it all, top with some grated cheese and then another
layer of potato. Drizzle some olive oil over the potatoes and add lots of black pepper. Continue to cook on the stove for about ten minutes, then put in the oven and bake at 400 for about 15 minutes. I like a bit of browning, so I then put it under the broiler for a few, just until browned. 


 
 A nice lunch meal. And no meat.

Yep

No comments:

Post a Comment