Thursday, September 6, 2012

Healthy Cookies

I thought I would make something nice to snack on as I adjust to living with my brother and sister here in the land of 105 degree days.  While at Winco I bought some carob chips, a lot healthier than chocolate so I am using them today.
Ingredients:
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup honey
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups organic rolled oats
2 cups dates, preferably medjool or honey dates, pit them and chop into small pieces
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup carob chips
In a mixing bowl cream the butter, add the honey and the eggs and vanilla.  In a separate bowl, stir the salt and baking powder together and add to the wet ingredients.  Mix just until incorporated.  Add the oats and mix until incorporated.  Add the goodies, mix until well distributed.  Take small balls of the dough and roll into ball about half the size of a golf ball.  Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.  Bake at 375 for about 12 to 14 minutes.  These are yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment