Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Secret to Baby Soft Skin

Not much of a secret really, but so many companies make huge profits making and selling cures for dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, dandruff and any of a whole host of skin conditions.  The truth of the matter is that most skin problems are nutritional deficiencies.  Pretty simple, and it is one thing that big businesses NEVER want to be publicized.  Why would they, if found out that they could eat brown rice 5 times a week then their skin conditions would magically disappear.  Millions of dollars worth of dandruff shampoos are sold every year to cure something that a healthier diet would cure.  Hundreds of millions of dollars are spent on hand lotions and creams and unguents to soften skin, remove scaly dead cells and to make the users feel good about themselves.  Fresh raw vegetables, whole grains, especially brown rice, and eliminating most of the toxic additives from processed food will do the same thing.

Weird huh?

Certainly a lot of this is conjecture, however I have had the great good fortune to teach healthy cooking and the use of whole grains in your diet.  I have counciled five people about dry skin problems.  And one about her psoriasis.  All six had already been interested in pursuing a change in their lifestyles when they came to me to learn bread baking and other nutritional info.  Each of them told me they would try adding brown rice to their diets, and I am pretty sure they did as each of them attended most of the brown rice cooking classes I gave.  (I make really cool stuff)  Each of them later told me how much their skin conditions improved after just a few weeks.  And one, told me how her dandruff disappeared. 
I have pretty soft skin, you know sometimes in the winter it gets a bit dry.  But for the most part I don't have any of those problems.  I can tell when I haven't eaten brown rice much, (I am staying with my sister currently so I don't always have the opportunity to cook what I want) the skin around my heels will start to flake.  When that happens, I eat brown rice and poof, a couple days and it is like magic. 
This isn't a cure all panacea for all skin problems for all people.  Or for that matter for intestinal problems like Krohn's, IBS and some others that are helped by a high fiber via whole grains diet.  But for most of the population, it will indeed be magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment